You are here
Summer Day Camp
Summer Camps in St. Louis
Let the adventure begin! Whether your child is interested in exploring, creating, or possibly entertaining, Summer Day Camp at the Y provides the perfect solution. We provide a fun, safe experience for kids to learn new skills, build self-confidence, and make lasting friendships. The Y offers DOZENS of camps for all interests, including traditional outdoor camps, a huge variety of sports camps, and themed camps for every interest -- like aquatics, cooking, art, theater, science, music and so much more! Across 22 branch locations in both MO and IL, the Y runs camp weekly May 28 - August 9. Available for ages 3-17. Full-day and some half-day camps available. Camp ages, types, schedules and prices vary by branch. Please check with your local branch for specific options.
For more information about camps offered at your local Y, please click the link below.
Carondelet Park Rec Complex - St. Louis, MO
Chesterfield Family YMCA - Chesterfield, MO
Clinton County YMCA - Breese, IL
Collinsville Maryville Troy YMCA - Maryville, IL
East Belleville YMCA - Belleville, IL
Edward Jones Family YMCA - St. Louis, MO
Emerson Family YMCA - St. Louis, MO
Four Rivers Family YMCA - Washington, MO
Kirkwood Family YMCA - Kirkwood, MO
Jefferson County Family YMCA - Festus, MO
Marion County YMCA - Salem, IL
Mid-County Family YMCA - Brentwood, MO
Monroe County YMCA - HTC Center - Columbia, IL
Monsanto Family YMCA - St. Louis, MO
O'Fallon YMCA - Illinois - O'Fallon, IL
O'Fallon Family YMCA - O'Fallon, MO
South City Family YMCA - St. Louis, MO
South County Family YMCA - St. Louis, MO
St. Charles County Family YMCA - St. Peters, MO
Tri-City YMCA - Granite City, IL
Wildwood Family YMCA - Wildwood, MO
CAMP LAKEWOOD OVERNIGHT CAMP
Take the adventure to the next level with our overnight camp! Camp Lakewood provides a well-rounded experience for campers and gets them outdoors to connect with nature. With a 360-acre lake and more than 5,000 acres of forest-covered hills, caves, creeks and more, there are many opportunities for natural exploration. Whether it's campfires, swimming, archery, climbing tower, zip line, sports, canoeing, cookouts, fishing, and kayaking every camper delights in waking up with a renewed sense of excitement as to what new activities each day at camp will bring. Download the 2019 Camp Lakewood brochure here.
Gateway Region YMCA Summer Day Camp Programs
When you’re looking for summer camps in St. Louis, you want to give your kids the best possible opportunities to learn and grow. Children of all ages are yearning to explore, and the hands-on exploration and engagement of our camps can benefit them in a different way than classroom learning, so seize the opportunity to enrich and educate them now!
YMCA summer day camp programs let you take advantage of the chance to help your kids grow. Expose them to great opportunities over the summer months — it’s everything you could ask for in an affordable summer camp experience!
Gateway Region YMCA believes in promoting our core values of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility in our southwest Illinois summer camps. We want your kids to learn, laugh and discover in the best possible ways, which is why we offer summer day camps in St. Louis and 21 other locations throughout Missouri and Illinois to foster those values. If you’re a parent in St. Louis or the Southwest Illinois region, we encourage you to take a look at what Y Summer Day Camps have to offer.
Our Summer Camps strive to enrich lives with the following YMCA core values:
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT. Promoting childhood development and helping kids build their skills is one of our most important goals. Here’s what we offer for your children:
- Youth sports, including volleyball, gymnastics, soccer, basketball, flag football and more
- Swim lessons
- Early childhood education
- Overnight camps
- Summer day camps for kids of all interests
- HEALTHY LIVING. Your health should never take the back seat. The Y helps you learn to live in the best way for your wellness and happiness by offering:
- Free access to basketball court, gymnasium, pool and indoor track
- Free water fitness classes
- Free group exercise classes like Piyo, Pilates, Cycling, Insanity, Yoga, Zumba, BODYPUMP® and more
- Programs to monitor blood pressure
- Participation in individual and group personal training
- Free MyFitness consultations for wellness
- Access to programs like the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program and the LiveStrong® at the YMCA Program
- Low rates on paid programs and Weight Loss Programs
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. We strive to strengthen our community with the help of donors and volunteers. That’s how we manage to offer:
- Financial Assistance: Everyone deserves to be a part of the Y, so we offer financial assistance for membership and programs.
- Community Development Programs: We offer a variety of enriching educational programs and services to teach and develop both kids and adults.
- Inclusion Services: We make sure our programs are fit for anyone and everyone.
Different YMCA Camps for Different Kinds of Children
At the Y, we believe kids learn best and have the most fun when they’re engaged in something they love, which is why we offer themed summer day camps to match the interests of a wide range of children.
Whether your kids’ focus is on fitness, creativity, academic achievement or another area, there’s a YMCA camp to suit them. At Gateway Region YMCA locations, you’ll find camps centered around cooking, music, sports and more, in addition to more traditional camps. Our opportunities span across every age range, so you’ll find options for kids as young as three years old all the way to age 17, with full-day and half-day camps available.
Other exciting Gateway Region YMCA summer programs include the Play, Learn, Serve Work Outdoors program, a partnership with the U.S. National Park Service, which can include archery lessons, cooking, outdoor survival skills, educational events and more. There is also the Power Scholars program, a Y-USA National Achievement Gap program that provides academic help over the summer months for incoming fourth to sixth graders.
With our Camp Inclusion group services, we ensure a beneficial experience for every child, including those who learn differently. Your kids’ enjoyment and education are the top priorities of our passionate, well-trained team members — like Andrew, who works one-on-one with a non-verbal camper.
YMCA Summer Day Camps in Missouri and Illinois Are for Everyone
Like all our Gateway Region YMCA programs in fitness, health and positive learning, we design our Gateway Region YMCA summer day camps to be beneficial, educational and affordable for every family. If you’re interested in a summer day program but are concerned about the cost, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss financial assistance programs.
Trust our venues and values to give your children the YMCA Summer camp experience, so they can create great memories and learn lessons that will last a lifetime. To find a summer day camp program in your area and register, contact us today.