The Monroe County YMCA offers group exercise classes, personal training, and other great fitness and community-building programs. Before you head out, don't forget to reserve your space! Classes can be booked up to 48 hours in advance through the website or mobile app by clicking on your preferred day/time! You can also call us at 618-281-9622.
Learn More About Our YMCA Group Class Schedule!
Are you on the hunt for a fun way to get active and get out and about in your Columbia, IL, community? If you're hoping for an engaging, exciting way to experience fitness and have fun, the Monroe County YMCA is the perfect place for you to get involved, get inspired and get active in a supportive and friendly environment geared toward fun, family and strengthening community.
Here at the Y, we're so much more than a gym — we're an immersive, enriching environment offering programs and support for all ages. Dedicated to contributing to the community through the promotion of areas of focus — youth development, healthy living and social responsibility — we offer programs for all ages and ability levels.
Looking for the motivation to stay active and keep exercising? Maybe you're hoping for a social setting or the chance to get involved in a new activity that gets you excited about fitness. Whatever the cause, the Y's group classes will give you everything you need to have fun with fitness and work it into your schedule. Our friendly, fun classes are great for all ages and ability levels, and they're free with your Y membership!
Check out our class schedule to keep up with the activities you love. Our group fitness classes in Columbia, IL, include options in a variety of categories, including:
- Cardio: Get your heart pumping and your blood flowing by pushing yourself with our engaging and exciting group cardio classes. Jump into programs like Spinning, Cycling, Zumba®, Circuit Training, Step & Strength and so many more.
- Mind & body: When you're looking for a rejuvenating, revitalizing way to engage both your body and your mind in wholesome exercise, our mind & body classes are just what you need to be uplifted. Pick from options like Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, PiYo and other classes to help you find your zen.
- Strength: Hoping to build your muscles and your resistance? Increase your strength and build your endurance with the Y's strength group classes. With classes like BODYPUMP™, Core, and SilverSneakers™ Classic, we'll help you reach your goals and stay strong.
- Specialty: If you're looking for an activity to stimulate a specific body area, cater to a health condition or work with your unique needs, the Y can help. Find your niche in our specialty classes. Choose from options like Athletic Stretch, Healthy Joints, Arthritis, Functional Strength Training and other beneficial activities to suit your needs.
- Water: What could be better than cooling off in the water while getting your heart rate pumping? If you love swimming and splashing, the Y's water classes are for you. Choose from fun activities like Aquacise, Aqua Extreme, Deep Water, Healthy Joints, Water Walking, Aqua Zumba® and so many more.
Ready to get moving? Whatever your ability level, age and interests, the Monroe County HTC Center has a group fitness class for you! Join the Y and stay up-to-date with our class schedule every week to stay motivated.