At the Monroe County YMCA in Columbia, IL, our goal is to help people of any age and experience level lead a healthier, more fitness-centered lifestyle. By offering a wide range of programs for all ages, we promote our core values of healthy living, youth development and social responsibility.
Our kids are the future of our community, which is why our core values start with building their confidence, competence, leadership and life skills. Our positive kids’ programs in Columbia, IL, include:
- Youth sports leagues in soccer, flag football, basketball, softball, baseball, volleyball gymnastics and more
- Early childhood education services
- Swim lessons in Columbia, IL
- Sleepaway camp options
- Summer day camps for all ages and interests
No matter your age and ability level, we’re dedicated to keeping you as healthy as you deserve to be through our encouraging programs in healthy living, healthy eating and fitness. When you become a member, you gain access to all the tools you need to take control of your health. Here’s what we offer:
- Free access to fitness center features like our indoor track, gymnasium, basketball court and pool
- Free group exercise classes in Zumba, Cycling, Pilates, Piyo, BODYPUMP®, Insanity, Yoga and more
- Fun, free aquatic fitness classes
- Access to personal training programs in group or individual settings
- Programs to help monitor blood pressure
- Special health programs, like the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program, and fitness programs, like the LiveStrong® at the YMCA Program
- Free MyFitness program health and wellness consultations
- Discounts on Y paid programs and the Y Weight Loss Program
Our healthy living programs provide personalized support in whatever way you need. For Tiffany, a 32-year-old mother who had to undergo a double mastectomy, our LiveStrong® at the YMCA Program provided a refuge and a rehabilitating influence.
“Not only did the program help me improve my physical strength and endurance,” she says, “but it increased my confidence and gave me the opportunity to form a connection with other cancer survivors.”
At the Monroe Family YMCA — HTC Center in Columbia, IL, our utmost responsibility is to our members and our community. That’s why we pour all our efforts into developing outreach, interaction and growth. With the assistance of our volunteers and generous donors, we provide the following programs to give back to our community:
Financial Assistance: No matter your income bracket or budget, you shouldn’t be excluded from the exceptional benefits the Y offers. Our financial assistance programs — provided by our Annual Campaign donors — can help you.
Community Development: Learning should never stop, even after school ends — that’s why we provide positive educational programs and services to encourage enrichment and growth in kids, teens and adults. Our options in Columbia, IL, include:
- Youth and Government
- Learning Labs
- Early Learning Readiness
- Power Scholars
- Teen Readers
Inclusion Services: To make sure every individual experiences our programs in the way perfectly suited to them, we offer special services to accommodate all ages, interests, abilities and special needs. Our services in Columbia, IL, include:
- Child care
- Summer day camps in all disciplines, for all ages
- YMCA Adult Habilitation Day Program
- Integrated fitness program
For a complete and engaging health and fitness experience for the entire family, you’ll love membership in the Monroe County YMCA. Sign up today.
Stop by today to see why our gym has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews on Yelp!