1. Youth Development
As we support our community's youth through an array of developmental programs, we're doing more than just teaching your children to count or play a sport. We're also teaching them valuable life skills such as teamwork, leadership and a responsibility to the community. Our purpose in youth development is to prepare your kids for an active role as a future leader, and we offer many fun programs designed to help meet this goal.
Some of our many youth development programs in St. Louis include:
- Swim lessons in St. Louis and the surrounding community
- Youth sports like soccer, basketball, flag football, softball, baseball, martial arts and more
- Exciting day camps geared toward various special interests
- After school child care
2. Healthy Living
Taking care of your health and well-being is one of the most critical parts of your life, but we know that making your health a priority can seem impossible with a busy schedule. At our fitness center in St. Louis, we'll provide you with the resources, equipment, programs and support you need to live longer and healthier at any stage of life. Your membership will include a range of healthy living programs, including:
- Access to our gyms, indoor track, basketball and volleyball courts, pool and other facilities
- Free group fitness classes like BODYPUMP®, Pilates, Zumba, Insanity, Yoga, Piyo, Cycling and more
- Free aquatics fitness classes
- Group and individual personal training programs
- Free health and wellness consultations with MyFitness
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Access to our health programs such as the LiveStrong® at the YMCA Program and YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program
3. Social Responsibility
At Emerson Family YMCA, our goal is to provide growth and development to our community — regardless of income, age and background. With the partnership of our generous public and private donors as well as our volunteers, we provide everyone with a chance to explore their talents and abilities at our St. Louis location. We offer several programs that allow us to give back to the community, including:
- Financial assistance: You should be able to enjoy the health benefits, socialization and learning experiences that the Y offers without worrying about the price tag, which is why we provide financial assistance programs for anyone who qualifies.
- Community development programs: Whether you're a kid, teen, adult or senior makes no difference — everyone deserves the chance to keep learning and growing. We offer plenty of continued learning programs designed to promote mental wellness, including Teen Readers, Power Scholars, Youth and Government, Learning Labs and more.
- Inclusion services: With our specialized services, we make sure everyone is accommodated at the Y, regardless of interests, abilities and special needs. Our inclusion services — such as the YMCA Adult Habilitation Day program, summer camps and child care at our St. Louis location — ensure that everyone feels accepted at our facility.
Our dedication to social responsibility has given local parents, like Brandy, the ability to chase their dreams. Through our financial assistance program, Brandy is able to attend college while feeling confident that her daughter is safely learning and growing at the Y. Brandy says, “Without the financial assistance, I would not be able to attend my college classes. Thanks to the Y, I am able to continue my education and work toward my dream."
Whether you're looking for activities for yourself, your kids or your entire family, we're here to invite you to take advantage of the incredible opportunities offered at a YMCA near you. Sign up today to get started!
Stop by today to see why our gym has been rated 4.2 out of 5 based on 39 reviews on Google!
Areas We Serve:
- St. Louis
- Spanish Lake
- And Surrounding Areas