The Bayer YMCA offers group exercise classes, active older adult, and other great fitness and community-building programs. Before you head out, don't forget to reserve your space! Classes and lanes can be booked up to 48 hours in advance through the website or mobile app by clicking on your preferred day/time!
Welcome to the Bayer YMCA!
Looking for an exciting, energizing way to stay active and get involved in your greater St. Louis, MO, community? If you need a motivation to keep you moving, there's no better place to turn than the Bayer YMCA, where we take fitness and fun seriously as the best parts of a healthy lifestyle.
At the Y, we're more than a gym — we're a community building organization dedicated to supporting and enriching every part and every person in our area. With offerings from fitness classes and facilities to youth programs, childcare, community activities and more, we promote our core values of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility through our positive programs for all ages, abilities, activity levels and interests.
Exercising is essential to living a wholesome, healthy life — but it can be difficult to keep up with when you have only yourself to motivate you. If you're looking for an extra boost to keep you moving, a group fitness class can provide the social setting, fun activities and friendly environment to encourage you and keep you excited about fitness.
Fostering a positive spirit and offering you the chance to find a new favorite activity, the Y's group fitness classes are great for everyone — and they're free with a Y membership! Get involved in our group fitness classes in St. Louis, MO, with a wide variety of options like:
- Dance: Love to have fun with your fitness? The Y's dance classes keep exercise exciting and will keep you coming back for more. Choose from dances like Boogie Dance & Tone, Dance Fusion, Dance Cardio Funk, Belly Dancing, Bollywood, Zumba® and other groovy options.
- Cardio: Get your blood pumping and your heart racing with our healthy cardio group classes. Our cardio programs include options like Spinning, Cycling, Kickboxing, Cardiofit, WERQ® and more.
- Mind & body: Need to relax and rejuvenate while working your body and uplifting your brain? Find your zen with our wholesome, energizing mind & body options like Yoga, Piyo, Pilates, Tai Chi, Simple Stretch, Guided Meditation and more.
- Strength: Do you have a goal of building more muscle and increasing your endurance? Engage your core and build a better you with our strength group classes. Choose from programs like Core Motion, Core & More, Bodyworks, BODYPUMP™, LES MILLS CORE™, SilverSneakers™ Classic and other challenging, rewarding options.
- Specialty: The Y doesn't just offer standard exercise programs — we also provide specialty classes for certain health conditions, to target specific areas and to work with physical needs. Check our schedule for specialty options like Functional Strength Training, Arthritis, Healthy Joints, Prenatal Yoga, Ballet Sculpt and more to suit your needs.
- Water: Love to have fun while staying active? The Y's aquatic group fitness classes like Aqua Core, Water Walking, Aqua Dance, Aqua Lungs, Aquatic Step and Water Zumba® can make a big splash in your workout routine!
Ready to set your fitness motivation in motion? Whatever your age, interests, physical abilities and activity level, the Bayer YMCA has a group fitness class for you. Join your local YMCA and check out our class schedule to keep up with our offerings today.