The health department for St. Louis County has issued new guidelines around face coverings, effective November 17, 2020. Generally, you must wear a face covering when you are within six feet from people who do not live with you. Members must wear a face covering at all times, including when exercising.
Examples of when you MUST wear a face covering:
- Entering and exiting the Y
- Exercising on all pieces of equipment
- Exercising in indoor group exercise classes
- Entering and exiting the pool
- In the locker room
- Checking your child in or out of child watch
- Waiting for a group exercise class
- Walking on the indoor track
- Participating in the Teen Hub
Examples of when a face covering is NOT required:
- When exercising outdoors if physically distanced
- When swimming or water walking in the pool
- When showering
The following are those who are exempt from wearing face masks:
- Children under the age of 2 are exempt from wearing masks.
- Children 2-6 years old are encouraged to wear masks if they can tolerate it.
- Children OVER the age of 6 are required to wear a mask while indoors.
Health and Safety Reasons
If you have the following health conditions or safety concerns, you are exempt from the requirement to wear a Face Covering:
- If you have a health condition that prohibits you from wearing a Face Covering;
- If you have trouble breathing, or are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the Face Covering without assistance;
- If you are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication; and
- If you are obtaining a service involving the nose, mouth or face for which temporary removal of the Face Covering is necessary to perform the service.
- If you have documentation that establishes that a medical professional has told you not to wear a Face Covering, you do not have to wear one.
You can read more of the St. Louis County order here.