What Safety Measures is the YMCA Taking for my Camper?
The health and safety of our campers and staff is very important to us. Safety was our number one priority for Summer Camp 2020 when we met or exceeded local, state and health organization guidelines and recommendations from the CDC. Our commitment to safety will continue for Summer Camp 2021.
In YMCA Day Camp, campers will develop new friendships and have tons of fun in a safe environment that will include:
- Physical distancing
- Face mask and hygiene protocols
- We understand that our mask policy is subject to change based on any state, local, territorial, or tribal health and safety laws, rules, and regulations with which camps must comply.
- All campers will wear a mask while indoors.
- All campers will wear a mask while outdoors when physical distancing is not possible.
- All Y camp staff will wear a mask at all times while working with campers and families.
- Small group sizes
- Increased sanitization of spaces and equipment
- Health screenings that cover symptoms, exposure, and a temperature check of every camper
- Staff COVID-specific training