At the Gateway Region YMCA, our goal is to provide an inclusive environment where all members and participants are equally part of our Y community. We make it a priority to provide facilities, programs and services to all.
For people with a documented developmental disability, the Y provides opportunities to be engaged in a number of programs. Trained staff assist and help ensure each person is able to become familiar and comfortable with programs and equipment, including cardio and group exercise, aquatics, lap swimming, strength training and a variety of other activities.
Trained and caring staff at the Y provide the assistance and support needed to ensure that children and adults are able to have a fun, meaningful experience in all of our programs, including:
- Child Care (Early Childhood and School Age)
- Summer Day Camp
- Summer Overnight Camp Lakewood
- Youth Sports
- Swim Lessons
- Group Exercise
- Martial Arts
- Active Older Adults
The Y welcomes natural supports that families may already have in place, and is ready to provide the same scope of services for all members, regardless of ability:
- Work Out Buddies (natural supports)
- Child Watch/Family Hub (a safe place for children while their families work out)
- Modified/Adapted Facility Orientations (support/accommodations provided as needed)
- Aquatic classes/programs (support/accommodations provided as needed)
- ADA compliant facilities (to facilitate comfortable access for everyone)
The Y is available to provide facility use, programs and assistance to specialized agencies and groups.