The Siteman Cancer Center mammography van is scheduling breast cancer screenings at YMCAs in St. Louis city and county and St. Charles County. The Siteman mammography van offers advanced technology including 3D mammography, which captures images of the breast from multiple angles, often reducing the need for additional imaging. A Washington University radiologist reads all mammograms, and the results are reported to the patient and her physician. Each exam takes about 20 minutes.
Appointments are available for the dates and locations listed below. To make an appointment, call 314-747-7222 or 800-600-3606 toll-free. The van schedule is subject to change.
- Tuesday, June 25 (8;15am-1pm) - Edward Jones Family YMCA
- Friday, June 28 (8:15am-1pm) - Emerson Family YMCA
- Thursday, July 11 (8:15am-1pm) - Kirkwood Family YMCA
- Monday, July 22 (8:15am-1pm)- Carondelet Park Rec Complex
- Wednesday, July 31 (8:15am-1pm)- South City Family YMCA
- Monday, September 23 (8:15am-1pm) - Kirkwood Family YMCA
- Friday, November 8 (8:15am-1pm) - Chesterfield Family YMCA
- Tuesday, December 17 (8:15am-1pm) - O'Fallon MO Family YMCA
For other dates and locations, please call Siteman at 1-800-600-3606 or click here.
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), an alliance of 27 of the nation’s leading cancer centers, recommends yearly mammograms for women age 40 and older with an average risk of developing the disease.
“Mammography is known to reduce a woman’s risk of dying from breast cancer by an estimated 30-40 percent or more,” said Catherine Appleton, MD, chief of breast imaging at Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
The exam fee will be billed to the patient, her insurance company, Medicaid or Medicare. Bring your insurance card to the appointment. For those without insurance, assistance is available for those who qualify. Call 314-454-8466 for more information.