HOW WE'RE KEEPING YOU SAFE
At YMCA Trout Lodge, there is no higher priority than the safety of our guests.
We closely monitor and follow recommendations from medical professionals, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), government agencies, and internal teams to ensure that our cleaning and safety procedures not only meet expectations, but far exceed them. To find out what we’re doing to keep you safe, please read below.
We are excited to see you at YMCA Trout Lodge. Thank you for your support, confidence and faith. We are all stronger together!
Everyone entering our facilities should be symptom-free (without a fever.)
- We are asking guests and staff to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- All guests and staff must wash their hands/use hand sanitizer before entering the dining area.
- We have increased hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- Program equipment is sanitized regularly.
- Your room(s) and cabin(s) will be sanitized before you check in.
- All high-touch areas are sanitized on a frequent basis.
- Common area seating at Trout Lodge is cleaned every two hours.
- Staff serve guests at the buffet line and serve drinks and desserts.
- Masks are strongly recommended for those who have not been vaccinated.
- While we have our own, we encourage guests to bring their own Coast Guard-approved personal flotation devices (PFDs).
The waterfront and boathouse are open 10 am – 6 pm. (seasonal, Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- Full-service housekeeping in rooms/cabins (daily towel changes as needed will be provided)