The Emerson Family YMCA is a full-facility YMCA complete with an indoor 25-meter pool, gymnasium, and fitness center. Other features of the facility include an indoor track, group exercise rooms, child watch area, teen hub, and a community garden. Group exercise and water fitness classes are included in membership and personal training is available. For youth, the Y offers year-round sports and swim lessons, summer day camp, and Before and After School Care at many area elementary schools. The Y is committed to ensuring everyone can enjoy the Y and makes financial assistance available. We offer a great variety of programs and activities that help people of all ages and abilities grow in spirit, mind, and body, and we work to strengthen community.

 

Membership Information

Join today and let us help you achieve your goals!

Learn More

Leadership Staff

Jennie Alberts
Executive Director

Philip Hatten
Senior Program Director

Dan Schulze
District Vice President

Jim Fitch
District Property Director

Barb Bass
Membership Specialist

Aaron Johnson
Health & Wellness Manager

Kyler Campbell
Sports Program Manager

Trease Parran-Walker
Aquatics Director

Mark Pacatte
Y Club & Camp Director 

Tiffany Williams
Y Club & Camp Director

Courtney Stevenson
Y Club & Camp Director

Karen Worlitz
Branch Administrator

Alice Daugherty
Administration & Collections
Y Club & Camp Registrar

Phedra Nelson
Community Wellness Coordinator

Kelly McGowan
WEDO Wellness Coordinator

The Emerson Family YMCA began in 1947 when representatives from several community groups met
to discuss a petition signed by 300 high school students asking that a teen center be established
in Ferguson.

• Originally called the Ferguson YMCA, the branch served as an extension of the County YMCA (Mid-
County) until 1953 when it was granted branch status.
• The name was changed to Emerson Family YMCA in 1988 as the result of a generous contribution
by the Emerson Electric Company.
• Many updates and additions have occurred through the years, with an extensive renovation of the
original section of the building being completed in 1990.
• In 2000, the fitness center and strength training center were expanded, an aerobics studio and
family hub added, and improvements made to the softball/soccer fields.