We are anxiously awaiting the day when we can welcome you back into our facility, and wanted to provide you with an update on our reopening status.
While you may see other announcements that locations within St. Louis County and City will reopen on June 15, we are taking advantage of the shutdown to begin the full, planned renovation of the Emerson Y! As a result, the opening of our Y will be delayed until September. This timeline will allow us to accelerate the construction work and reduce the overall amount of time we need to remain closed.
This project represents a more than $1.5 million investment in Ferguson and the surrounding communities, thanks to the generous donation from Emerson. This investment will play an important role in helping us serve the needs of our community to bridge the opportunity gap, connect communities, and cultivate health equity. Be ready to be AMAZED at a transformed building that will include the following:
- Renovated and expanded fitness center to increase health and wellness options, and provide more support for chronic disease prevention
- Renovated community kitchen to provide more education and food outreach support
- New youth/family changing rooms to improve the member experience and provide a safe environment for families with young children
- New child watch and kid's adventure area for youth education and programs
- Renovated lobby to improve accessibility and allow for more space for community meetings and gatherings
- New accessible front entrance and handicap parking spaces
We promise to keep you updated on the status of the construction progress. We can't wait to see you soon!